Wednesday, June 22, 2005

The Zoloft Scam

Extracted from Psychiatric Times May 2005
“Two large clinical trials, when aggregated into one, demonstrated a modest 10% difference in response rate between drug and placebo of sertraline (Zoloft) in pediatric depression (NNT=10) (Wagner et al., 2003). Two studies have been conducted evaluating citalopram (Celexa). One published paper showed a 12% difference between drug and placebo (NNT=8) (Wagner et al., 2004), whereas the other, unpublished study was negative, and had a very high dropout rate (Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency [MHRA], 2004). Atypically for most pediatric trials, it involved both inpatients and outpatients. Two studies of venlafaxine (Effexor) in pediatric depression have been reported as negative, but a reanalysis of the data stratified by age showed that medication was superior to placebo for adolescents but not for children (Emslie et al., 2004; MHRA, 2004).”

Simply put, not only do recipients of these drugs risk suicide, but the chances of this risk being offset by any benefit range between 10% and no chance at all.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Effexor Prescription Information said...

My name is Judith Haven and i would like to show you my personal experience with Effexor.

I am 37 years old. Have been on Effexor for at least 1 years now. As soon as I was on the beginning dose I could feel releave from my anxiety. My family life is so much better. My kids notice it. They applaud my for taking the side affects for a better live with them. No explosive episode any more.

I have experienced some of these side effects-
Nightsweats, I have twitches if I forget a dose.

I hope this information will be useful to others,
Judith Haven

6:17 AM  
Anonymous http://www.zoloftbuy.net/ said...

From first week when I took this medicine I can feel a slight change and haven't felt depression, anxiety. But as the weeks pass, I felt much better. I've got my life back, social skills, and feel like everyone else. This drug has really helped to bring my life back.

5:36 PM  
Anonymous buy zoloft online said...

I was prescribed Zoloft for depression. I had tried Wellbutrin and Lexapro in the past with little results. With Zoloft at first the side-effects were tough. Also, I was having sexual side-effects. Lacking desire (which is not normal for me), and the inability to achieve orgasm. I decided to try taking my pills in the morning, rather than at night like I had been doing. After a couple of days past on with my new schedule, the sexual side effects subsided and I'm back to normal with that. I never knew an anti-depressant could help so much, but it has REALLY helped me!

5:37 PM  
Blogger Justin Vames said...

Lol Zoloft buy? Cool story bro! Fucking scammers.

1:30 PM  
Blogger Justin Vames said...

Lol Zoloft buy? Cool story bro! Fucking scammers.

1:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home