Sunday, August 14, 2005

Psychiatric History 1

From: http://www.psychosurgery.org
Tony’s Story

I was only six when my Dad died in 1971 in N.J. From what I can remember he was in the hospital for a month or two before he died. They failed to tell my Mother that one of the risks of this frontal lobotomy was death. Now she has to live with being the one to “ok” this procedure and the fact that he was used for basically a guinea pig. If he would have survived we were told he would have been a vegetable.

I am 40 years old now and the older I get the more I miss him. I feel I have been robbed of what some people take highly for granted, a Father. God I miss him. He was an extremely intelligent man, training to be an Officer in the military when he past (sic) away. He touched many lives as a teacher, helping many children and families that had problems in school. He was a big loss to the teaching society.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home